This short guide will teach you how to modify your surefire replica from a binary on/off to a momentary-on switch. Aligning the contacts properly is a bit tricky, and might require multiple attempts.
- Step 1: Disassemble the tailcap.
- Step 2: Remove the switch assembly
- Step 3: Pull the switch assembly appart, a flathead screwdriver might be necessary.
Here are the disassembled components:
- Step 4: With a knife or a snipping tool remove the clicky actuators:
- Step 5: Reassemble the switch incorrectly, on purpose:
- Reassemble the switch and mount it back into the tailcap by following the above steps in reverse order.
This is currently a constant on switch, you will have to force the gap by mounting it and pressing hard for 1mm. This should result in a momentary switch.